At Analytical Flavor Systems, we believe a better-tasting world is better for everyone. We are the de-facto technology standard for modeling and predicting consumer perception and preference related to food, beverage, and other consumer products. Our unique AI quantifies subjective data and predicts what many believe to be impossible: the individual taste preferences of over 3 billion consumer groups worldwide, today and in the future.
AFS is currently working with many of the world's largest CPG brands, providing them answers to their most important product development questions. How? We have built the world's largest sensory database, with our AI making predictions on current and future consumer preferences no other solution can make. Our distinctive position in the $2.5 trillion CPG world provides those who join us with a significant opportunity.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned Lead Product Designer to deliver an unexpectedly delightful user experience within our application. You should have experience leading major design and research initiatives while working closely with diverse teams of engineers, product managers, marketers, and operations staff.
What You'll Do
- Strategize and lead product-design competitive and market research efforts.
- Design exceptional products from start to finish:
- Translating research insights into ideas that form new features.
- Participating in all phases of design, from definition to development and optimization.
- Designing the workflows and detailed interactions to bring those ideas to life.
- Lead and participate in creative brainstorming sessions with internal project teams.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all design fidelity levels informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Conduct usability testing with existing customers and advisory panel members.
- Create compelling narratives for product owner presentations that showcase new products and features to target audiences.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions.
- Own the end-to-end design process from low-fidelity sketches, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to pixel-perfect comps.
- Work closely with developers to ensure that the finished product aligns closely with original designs and maintains a high-quality standard.
- Communicate and often share in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of a library of design patterns.
- Direct the team’s effort and track their progress through tools such as Kanban-style boards, project management solutions, etc.
- Evangelize design best practices and design rationale with stakeholders, and help inform product decision-making
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of proven experience in the product UX design field.
- Experience designing B2B SaaS products.
- A keen sense for identifying user needs, defining exact solutions, and delivering those through detailed design.
- Experience working within design systems.
- The ability to take a holistic view of the product by putting yourself in a customer’s shoes.
- The flexibility to design in low and high fidelity and choose the most efficient and responsible process for the job at hand.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support teams.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats.
- The ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs.
- Continuous improvement of your workflow and learning new tools.
- Exhibited curiosity on trends in the community and forming opinions on the future of design.
How We Work
We're a New York-based distributed workforce. Our mission is to create a better-tasting world. Our decision-making is shaped by discovering and solving market and user problems, not by the corner office or "smartest people in the room." We value and prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Analytical Flavor Systems team members to work together across positions and roles.
We are currently fully remote but working out of our New York office as necessary and situations permit. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a solid team-player mentality, we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion At Analytical Flavor Systems
We're serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We purposely built Analytical Flavor Systems to be a company where people love their work and show respect and empathy to their colleagues. Diversity typically includes but is not limited to differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. It also means that Analytical Flavor Systems employs a zero-tolerance policy for employees who exhibit behavior contrary to these principles.
We want A+ talent and expect to pay for it. We consistently offer cash compensation in the top quartile for each role at AFS. Additionally, all employees are shareholders and will greatly benefit from what we expect to be a significant increase in enterprise value in the short term.
Benefits: Analytical Flavor Systems, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employees that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, unlimited PTO, paid company holidays, and an employee stock plan.Location: New York, NY (distributed workforce)