At Analytical Flavor Systems, we believe a better-tasting world is better for everyone. We are the de-facto technology standard for modeling and predicting consumer perception and preference related to food, beverage, and other consumer products. Our unique AI quantifies subjective data and predicts what many believe to be impossible: the individual taste preferences of over 3 billion consumer groups worldwide, today and in the future.
AFS is currently working with many of the world's largest CPG brands, providing them answers to their most important product development questions. How? We have built the world's largest sensory database, with our AI making predictions on current and future consumer preferences no other solution can make. Our distinctive position in the $2.5 trillion CPG world provides those who join us with a significant opportunity.
About the Role
Senior Product Managers at Analytical Flavor Systems embody pieces and parts of three roles: technical product manager, product owner, and business analyst. You should have experience managing end-to-end product delivery, from discovery to launch. You'll be joining the team responsible for bringing business strategy to life in the form of product and functional requirements. Expect to work closely with a diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, and business analysts.
- Work with the VP of Product and other stakeholders to help define the product roadmap based on product strategy, customer problems, competitor analysis, customer feedback, regulatory constraints, and operational needs.
- Work with the VP of Product to uncover and understand customer problems and the ideal solutions.
- Translate ideal product experiences into product and functional requirements; work with engineering to decompose product and functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Work alongside development teams to oversee the development of product features, making yourself available to the team as necessary to answer questions, provide guidance, and collect feedback.
- Understand, research, and follow technology trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to AFS and make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Answer incoming questions from internal key stakeholders about the product and its capabilities.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Coordinate with developers to resolve production issues / identify the root cause of emerging issues.
- Help to develop and prioritize backlog of requirements, user stories, and product issues.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across the board, including customers, senior leadership, and the development team, to ensure the goals are clear and the vision aligns with business objectives.
- 8+ years of proven experience in product management, product owner, and business analyst roles.
- Experience developing B2B SaaS products, focusing on the enterprise space (1,000+ employees).
- A keen sense for identifying user needs, defining exact solutions, and delivering those through detailed product requirements.
- Experience working within project management and tracking tools like Jira & Aha.
- The ability to take a holistic view of the product by putting yourself in a customer's shoes.
- The ability to work well with internal teams, including engineers, R&D, designers, product managers, marketing, support, quality assurance, and operations.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support teams.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you'll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats.
- The ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs.
- Continuous improvement of your workflow and learning new tools.
- Exhibited curiosity on trends in the community and forming opinions on the future of flavor preference, food and beverage product development, and creating personalized products.
How We Work
We're a New York-based distributed workforce. Our mission is to create a better-tasting world. Our decision-making is shaped by discovering and solving market and user problems, not by the corner office or "smartest people in the room." We value and prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Analytical Flavor Systems team members to work together across positions and roles.
We are currently fully remote but working out of our New York office as necessary, and situations permit. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a solid team-player mentality, we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion At Analytical Flavor Systems
We're serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We purposely built Analytical Flavor Systems to be a company where people love their work and show respect and empathy to their colleagues. Diversity typically includes but is not limited to differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. It also means that Analytical Flavor Systems employs a zero-tolerance policy for employees who exhibit behavior contrary to these principles.
We want A+ talent and expect to pay for it. We consistently offer cash compensation in the top quartile for each role at AFS. Additionally, all employees are shareholders and will greatly benefit from what we expect to be a significant increase in enterprise value in the short term.
Benefits: Analytical Flavor Systems, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employees that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, unlimited PTO, paid company holidays, and an employee stock plan.Location: New York, NY (distributed workforce)