Last updated January 14, 2022
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information collected from you
When you engage with certain features of our Mobile Application, we will collect personal information from you. Except as otherwise indicated below, the personal information you provide is such that we need in order to provide the Mobile Application and requested function. If you do not provide us with your personal information, we would not be able to do so. Analytical Flavor Systems will collect and use your personal information in the following instances:
- When you contact us, we collect your name, email address, any other information you choose to include in your correspondence to respond to your questions or inquiries. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- In order to use the Mobile Application, you will need to download the Mobile Application and create an account. To create your account, we will collect your name, email address, and selected password. Analytical Flavor Systems uses this personal information to create and maintain your account, to communicate with you, and to facilitate your access to the Mobile Application. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you. Please note if you are invited to participate in a survey through a recruitment partner, you will utilize a technically dictated dummy name and email address upon registration. Once your account is created, we will assign your account a unique user ID.
- If you download the Mobile Application to participate in surveys, you must first complete your profile. In doing so, we will collect the following information about you: date of birth, country of residence, national identity, race and ethnicity, education level, and health information (dietary restrictions, smoking habits). The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- When you participate in a survey, we collect your preferences, thoughts, comments, and suggestions on the surveyed product. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you. Your survey responses are combined with your profile information to develop, using our proprietary algorithm, aggregated inferences, data sets, and recommendations on the surveyed product for our client. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in performing market and providing services to our clients. You can revoke your consent to this processing at any time, but your revocation will be effective from when we receive it.
- To pay you for your participation in the survey, we collect your financial account information (bank account and routing number). We will also collect your Social Security number for tax purposes. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Analytical Flavor Systems may use your personal information collected for the above purposes for the limited circumstances described in INFORMATION SHARING.
- Analytical Flavor Systems may deidentify or aggregate your personal information for benchmarking purposes. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the improvement of our business and services.
Information Collected Automatically (Cookies)
Analytical Flavor Systems also collects information automatically via cookies as you use the Mobile Application. The information includes:
- Information on your interaction with and usage of the Mobile Application, such as pages visited, time spent on each page, and frequency of access.
- Location information, which may be determined from your IP address.
- Information about the device you use to access the Mobile Application, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operation system, and preferences.
To collect this information, the Mobile Application utilizes the following cookies:
- Essential cookies: Essential cookies are required to allow the Mobile Application to function properly and allow you to use the different features of the Mobile Application. Essential cookies are also used to authenticate user and to prevent fraudulent use of the Mobile Application.
- Performance cookies: Functional cookies provide enhanced functionality and personalization for you. We use functional cookies to remember your preferences, diagnose and repair errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Analytics cookies: Analytics cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users to the Mobile Application, see how users interact with the Mobile Application, and when users are using the Mobile Application. This helps us to improve the Mobile Application and enhance user experience.
A particular cookie to note for our Mobile Application is Sentry. We use Sentry to track and prevent Mobile Application crashes and malfunctions. In case of a crash, a crash report is automatically generated and transmitted to Sentry that consists of the following information: IP address, and operating system. Sharing of information with Sentry can be disabled in your mobile device settings.
- Where necessary, Analytical Flavor Systems will share your personal information within Analytical Flavor Systems to efficiently carry out and improve our business and to the extent permitted by law. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business operations efficiently.
- Analytical Flavor Systems will share your personal information with service providers that perform Mobile Application on Analytical Flavor Systems’ behalf in connection with the Mobile Application. These service providers include our IT support, payment processor, email vendor, and analytics provider. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in providing the Mobile Application more efficiently.
- Analytical Flavor Systems will share the aggregated inferences, data sets, and recommendations on the surveyed product created using our proprietary algorithm with our client. We do not share personally identifiable information of survey participants with clients.
- In the event that Analytical Flavor Systems enters into, or intends to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of Analytical Flavor Systems, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, Analytical Flavor Systems would share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. Analytical Flavor Systems would also share your personal information with third parties if Analytical Flavor Systems undergoes bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business operations.
CORRECT OR VIEW YOUR INFORMATION
You may access your account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
UNINSTALL THE MOBILE APPLICATION
You can stop all further collection of your personal information from our Mobile Application by uninstalling the Mobile Application. After the application is deleted, we will retain the unique token assigned to your device through the Mobile Application, and would be able to identify you if you decide to reinstall the Mobile Application.
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
INDIVIDUALS IN THE EU/UK
Individuals in the European Union (EU) and United Kingdom (UK) are entitled certain rights to their personal information under applicable law. If our processing of your personal information is subject to these laws, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the personal information we process.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to processing of your personal information, which is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- Right to data portability: This right only applies to personal information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us from one organization to another or give it to you.
- Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Analytical Flavor Systems implements and maintains reasonable security measures, including access controls and encryption, to protect personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
Analytical Flavor Systems will retain your personal information until the earlier of: (i) the information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided; or (ii) we delete your information pursuant to your request. Please note we will retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, as necessary to protect our legal rights, and/or for certain business requirements. This includes for security, fraud, and abuse prevention, for financial record-keeping, or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
The Mobile Application is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete the personal information. If you believe we have personal information on individuals under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
DO NOT TRACK
The Mobile Application does not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.